Thursday, July 23, 2009

Light Painting

After discussing light painting with Andrew for a week, I was in town last Thursday and saw that my sister Sher had posted on that exact topic. See her full blog here, just don't expect to understand everything (such as the title). Fantastic stuff though, really interesting and creative. This whole light drawing/painting thing inspired me to try my hand at it, so here are a few Andrew, Evan and I made last Thursday night at Juniper Lake.





Andrew drew his initials... nice one.


The coolest thing about these photos is the sharpness/clarity. If you zoom in really far, the picture remains incredibly sharp and the beams of light are incredible. So much fun! I will have to experiment with different apertures and iso speeds next time, and get more creative with the actual drawing.

1 comment:

  1. very cool steve. looks like your new camera may be better than mine! enjoy but be careful already dealing with sand in the lens....

    http://vertiginouspervicaciousness.blogspot.com/2009/07/explicitly-defined.html

    ReplyDelete