Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Completing the Journey West


Stopped at a local microbrewery/restaurant in Salt Lake City on the way to Reno to catch game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final. We lost the game unfortunately, of course we ended up winning the series anyway! The beer was fantastic and I managed to find like minded individuals to converse with. A couple guys were out from Toledo Ohio for a public transportation convention. Turns out one of the guys was a cyclist and the other a geographer. It was nice to talk to someone as I was smack in the middle of a five day solo journey from Denver to Reno (with a fun stop in Fruita for some riding).
Stopped at a lookout on my way out of Fruita, just after crossing into Utah I believe.
This was the state park I camped in the night before I had to be in Reno. Rye Patch State Park is along the Humboldt River about an hour and a half east of Reno. I found a pleasant campsite in a nice area of beautifully green grass, rare for the desert; as it turns out the reason the grass was so nice is because they have a sprinkler system which runs each night. Not only did the sprinklers run all night soaking my tent, but I woke up around midnight completely befuddled as to what the heck that sound was.

No comments:

Post a Comment